Who we are
Celebrating Your Journey website is https://celebratingyourjourney.com/.
What personal data is collected
The information Celebrating Your Journey learns from visitors and subscribers is used to deliver those services, personalize, and continually improve the online experience of Celebrating Your Journey users. Personal data is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, plugins, social media, and third party embeds. Here are the types of information Celebrating Your Journey gathers:
Information You Provide
You provide information when you search on any page, provide information or communicate via contact page, e-mail, or subscribe to mail list. Information you choose to make public is disclosed publicly. That means information like your public profile, comments, “likes”, your profile “Gravatar” photo, other content that you make public on CYJ website are all available to others–which we are grateful for and hope you find a Celebrating Your Journey friend along the way! You do have the option to limit the information you provide. However, there is certain basic information needed to respond to your inquiry. Keep in mind, when you do limit the basic information you may not have access to certain parts of our online services.
Celebrating Your Journey will use the information you provide on the Mailchimp form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from Mailchimp, or by contacting us. We will treat your information with respect. We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
When visitors leave comments on the site the data collected is shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection, as well as protect the integrity and security of CYJ’s system. After approval of your comment, your profile picture may also be visible to the public in the context of your comment. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies, as well as use your Gravatar profile photo. These are for your convenience so you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
When you submit our contact form, you will be providing the necessary information to reply to your inquiry. Your information will be stored in the website email system in order to conveniently track any email communications over time. This ensures having the necessary email communication history to better serve your needs.
Embedded content from other websites
Why we collect it
CYJ collects the above described information to provide beneficial services on behalf of our visitors and subscribers. We are then able to further develop and improve our services by adding new features we believe you will enjoy to help you find just what you were looking for. Other essential purposes include:
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how visitors and subscribers interact with our Services, helping us improve our services and make them easier to use
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, offerings, and better understand visitor and subscriber preferences, retention, and attrition
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our services, protect the security of our services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Celebrating Your Journey and others
- To communicate with you, through an email and other venues, about offers and promotions of interest for you from Celebrating Your Journey and others, asking you for feedback, and keep you up to date on our projects, articles published, and products.
- To personalize your experience using our services to ensure your enjoyment and satisfaction with Celebrating Your Journey
Who we share your data with
- We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties for promotional purposes.
- We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you.
- We may disclose some information to protect rights, property, and others related to an emergency without delay, when we have a good faith belief there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury.
- We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users who subscribe on CYJ website, the personal information you provide will be stored in your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have subscribed on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments and subscription information you provide may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Our contact information
You may contact us at Celebrating Your Journey by email through our contact page.
How we protect your data
Our website has an SSL certificate encryption, https://, showing visitors and subscribers a “Secure” lock icon. We use strong passwords for the CYJ website. We also keep multiple backups and limit login attempts. While no online service is 100% secure, CYJ works very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring CYJ services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.